Four places for postdoctoral researchers for FLARE summer school
- Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland
Postdoctoral researchers in Ireland, north and south, are invited to apply for four free place on the European Research Area in Ageing FLARE Summer School, led by Professor Alan Walker. The FLARE summer school will be held in Galway on 6-9 August for early-career researchers in ageing in collaboration with the Irish Centre for Social Gerontology and CARDI.
The FLARE Programme
The FLARE (Future Leaders of Ageing Research in Europe) programme funds Fellowships for post-doctoral research in cross-national, multidiscplinary ageing. So far the programme has funded 18 Fellowships. This will be the 4th FLARE Summer School to bring together FLARE Fellows (past and present) and other post-docs from ERA-AGE partner countries in three days of lectures, discussion groups, networking and social events. For more information on the FLARE programme and previous Summer Schools please visit http://www.era-age.group.shef.ac.uk/flare.html
- Hold a postdoctoral fellowship at a University in Ireland- north or south;
- Be within 5 years from completion of PhD;
- Have experience of undertaking interdisciplinary research in ageing;
- Have an interest in cross country comparisons in ageing;
- Confirm ability to take part in Summer School between 6 – 9 August 2012.
Applicants must complete a short application form by 12 June - 12 noon. In addition applicants should include a CV (maximum 3 pages) and a 1 page covering letter.
Letter of Recommendation
A short letter of recommendation is also required from your postdoctoral mentor/supervisor including his/her assessment of your potential to continue with research in ageing.
There will be up to four people selected, based on the above criteria, research interests, range of disciplinary backgrounds.
All applicants will be notified of the decisions by end of June 2012.
- Travel to and from Galway to attend the summer programme
- Accommodation 6, 7, 8 August 2012 (pre-booked)
- Meals - provided for the full duration of the Programme.
Deadline for submission of applications including CV, covering letter and letter of recommendation: 12 June 2012 – 12 noon – email - email@example.com
For more information contact:
Dr. Roger O’Sullivan, Director, CARDI