Skip to main content
As of the 24 September 2015 The Centre for Ageing Research and Development in Ireland (CARDI) became the Ageing Research and Development Division within the Institute of Public Health in Ireland (IPH).
This website will remain online but will no longer be updated. To keep up to date with our work please visit the Division of Ageing Research and Development section of the IPH website.
You are here
Professor of Learning Disability
Our Centre for Developmental Disabilities and Child Health Research has three main strands of work:
1. Vulnerability in Children and adolescents
This includes issues such as:
- Improving the life outcomes for young people leaving care.
- Family support and the needs of carers.
- Development of communication and social skills.
- Building self-esteem and resilience.
2. Promoting the Health & Wellbeing of People with Developmental Disabilities
- Health ageing.
- Accessing healthcare services
- Enhancing emotional well-being
- Health promotion strategies for vulnerable groups and their carers.
3. Social Inclusion and Advocacy
Topics will include:
- Sports and leisure
- Education options and choices
- Accommodation and Employment options
- Citizenship and participation in decision-making.
A listing of publications. descriptions of past and ongoing research projects are available from Roy McConkey: email@example.com
No research publications have been added by this user yet
26th September 2013