CARDI Grant Programmes promote research partnerships that look at issues affecting older people in new ways.
We encourage ground-breaking studies from across the island of Ireland that bring together different disciplines to help improve the lives of our older people.
We have awarded funding to 32 research projects to date through our grants programme. These projects cover a wide spectrum of research, reflecting the huge range of issues relevant to the ageing research agenda.
Open Funding Programme
- Ageing Research Leadership Programme: Call 2 closes 9 April 2014
Click here for further details
Closed Funding Programmes
- Ageing Research Leadership Programme: Call 1 closed 31 Oct 2013; funding allocated €400,000
- Datamining Programme 2: Jan - Feb 2013; funding allocated €100,000
- Datamining Programme 1: Sept - Oct 2010; funding allocated €100,000
- Call 3 - Priority areas of research on ageing: Mar - May 2010; funding allocated €300,000
- Call 2 - Active Ageing: Sept - Oct 2009; funding allocated €300,000
- Call 1- Healthy and Active Ageing: Jan - Mar 2009; funding allocated €300,000
Click the images below to see Current CARDI Projects and Completed CARDI projects from these programmes.