CARDI Leadership Programme into Ageing Research Fellows: Joanne Feeney, Joanna McHugh, Charlotte Neville and Mark O’Doherty and Aisling O’Halloran
CARDI Grant Programmes
CARDI Grant Programmes promote research partnerships that look at issues affecting older people in new ways.
We encourage ground-breaking studies from across the island of Ireland that bring together different disciplines to help improve the lives of our older people.
We have awarded funding to 32 research projects to date through our grants programme. These projects cover a wide spectrum of research, reflecting the huge range of issues relevant to the ageing research agenda.
The CARDI Leadership Programme into Ageing Research: Fellows
The CARDI Leadership Programme into Ageing Research funds and supports a new generation of leaders in ageing research in Ireland, North and South.
The programme is funded by the Health and Social Care Research and Development Division Northern Ireland and The Atlantic Philanthropies.
The CARDI Fellows, four at Queen’s University Belfast and one at Trinity College Dublin, will carry out research over the next three years into ageing issues with the aim of improving the lives of older people across the island of Ireland.
The new CARDI Fellows, announced at the inaugural meeting of the CARDI Leadership Programme in Ageing Research in Belfast (Monday 15 Sept 2014) are: Joanne Feeney, Joanna McHugh, Charlotte Neville and Mark O’Doherty, who will be based in Queen’s University Belfast, and Aisling O’Halloran based in Trinity College Dublin. Read more about the Fellows and the Programme in this CARDI leaflet
Closed Funding Programmes
- Ageing Research Leadership Programme: Call 1 closed 31 Oct 2013; funding allocated €400,000
- Ageing Research Leadership Programme: Call 2 closed 9 April 2014
- Datamining Programme 2: Jan - Feb 2013; funding allocated €100,000
- Datamining Programme 1: Sept - Oct 2010; funding allocated €100,000
- Call 3 - Priority areas of research on ageing: Mar - May 2010; funding allocated €300,000
- Call 2 - Active Ageing: Sept - Oct 2009; funding allocated €300,000
- Call 1- Healthy and Active Ageing: Jan - Mar 2009; funding allocated €300,000
Click the images below to see Current CARDI Projects and Completed CARDI projects from these programmes.