- About Us
- CARDI Grants Programme
- Research database and directory
- Useful Links
Strengthening Protection for all Ages against age discrimination
07/03/2013 - 10:45
07/03/2013 - 13:30
Featured item on home page:
Older People’s experiences of age discrimination when accessing goods and services.
We are keen to hear your views if you are an older person and believe that you have been treated unfairly because of your age when accessing goods and services.
For example, do you believe that you have been:
- unfairly denied treatment by a doctor or health professional because you are an older person;
- treated with a lack of dignity or respect because you are an older person by a person providing services;
- unfairly refused travel, motor or health insurance because of your age?
The NI Executive is considering introducing into Northern Ireland new legislation that will give greater protection for older people against discrimination when accessing goods and services.
Your experiences will help illustrate the impact that this proposed new legislation will have on the lives of older people in Northern Ireland.
Attending one of the five discussion events listed below will provide you with the opportunity to share your experiences of discrimination because of your age when accessing goods and services.
All venues will be centrally located and each event will take place between 10.45 am and 1.30 pm. A light lunch will be provided.
Location and dates:
- Mourne Country Hotel, Newry, Thurs 7 March 2013
- Waterfoot Hotel, Derry/Londonderry, Tues 12 March 2013
- Equality Commission for NI, Equality House, Belfast, Fri 15 March 2013
- Silverbirch Hotel, Omagh, Tues 19 March 2013
- The Clinton Centre, Enniskillen, Fri 22 March 2013
We hope that you will be able to attend and would be grateful if you could please confirm your attendance by contacting:
Naomi Roberts, Equality Officer
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 028 90 500 645
Read more here.
- Goods, Facilities and Services: Equality for Older People
- Cost-effectiveness analysis and ageism; a review of the theoretical literature
- Making Older People Equal: Reforming the Law on Access to Services in Northern Ireland
- Ageism and age discrimination in mental health care in the United Kingdom - a review from the literature
- CAP Research Seminars: The Prohibition by Law of Age Discrimination in Access to Goods, Facilities and Services
- Equality Bill: Making it work Ending age discrimination in services and public functions - Policy Statement
- Worth fighting for: ten true stories of age discrimination
- Employment Law: Discrimination in the Workplace
- Age Discrimination in Mental Health Services
- The Costs of Addressing Age Discrimination in Social Care