- About Us
- CARDI Grants Programme
- Research database and directory
- Useful Links
Dr Roger O’Sullivan is the Director of CARDI. He has worked in Queen’s University Belfast and the regional rural organisation Rural Community Network. He was previously joint convener of the UK Funders Forum on Ageing, guest editor of the journal Quality in Ageing and Older Adults and rapporteur for the Ditchley Foundation’s international conference on the Impact of Ageing on Developed Economies. Dr O’Sullivan has undertaken a wide range of research on issues relating to older people including research for the Office of the First and Deputy First Minister and the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
Paul McGill is the Strategic Research Officer at CARDI. He graduated in law and worked as a journalist covering education, mainly for the Irish Times, Belfast Telegraph, Guardian and TES. Later he worked for the National Curriculum Council in England and then for ten years as a social policy consultant specialising in education, training, employment, equality, poverty and social exclusion issues. Before joining CARDI he was with NICVA, where his main job was to edit the monthly social policy magazine SCOPE.
Nicola Donnelly is the Communications Officer at CARDI. She graduated in journalism and French and has previously worked in corporate communications at Bord Bia (The Irish Food Board) and as Communications Officer with international development NGO Concern Worldwide. She has also worked as a PR executive with Carr Communications and Slattery Communications.
Conor Breen is the Policy Officer – Research Translation at CARDI. He graduated in law from University College Dublin and has previously worked for the Education Directorate at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in Paris. He then moved to London to manage the research function at PR agency The Communication Group and also worked as Senior Researcher at the National Association of Pension Funds.
Joanne Dunne is the Administrator and Finance Officer at CARDI. Joanne graduated from the National College of Ireland in 2010 with an honours degree in Human Resource Management and is currently undergoing a Masters of Management in the third sector in All Hallows College. Joanne has a wealth of experience in Content Management Systems (CMS), Event Management and Communications.
- Older people in Rural Communities: Exploring Attachment, Contribution and Diversity in Rural Ireland and Northern Ireland
- CARDI launches €100,000 grants call to promote active ageing
- Living Longer – Working Longer: CARDI Seminar Series 2010
- Living Longer- Working Longer? Presentations
- Rural transport for older people in Ireland, North and South
- An age old problem - where now for rural services? Rural Ageing Presentations
- Steering Group
- CARDI Seminar Series 2010: Inequalities, Pensions and the Recession
- CARDI E-Bulletin: November 2012
- An age old problem - where now for rural services? CARDI in conjunction with Irish Rural Link and Rural Community Network