- About Us
- CARDI Grants Programme
- Research database and directory
- Useful Links
CARDI is a not for profit organisation developed by leaders from the ageing field across Ireland (North and South) including age focused researchers, academics, statutory, voluntary and community sector representatives with support from The Atlantic Philanthropies. It is overseen by a Steering Group and hosted by the Institute of Public Health in Ireland.
To advocate for and advance the ageing research agenda by identifying, coordinating, stimulating, and communicating strategic research on ageing and older people as a means to improve the lives of older people in Ireland (North and South) especially those who are disadvantaged.
CARDI funds, publishes and disseminates research on topics relating to ageing and older people. CARDI regularly publishes:
It also hosts events on a variety of research and policy topics.
CARDI’s work has been made possible through funding by The Atlantic Philanthropies, augmented by grants from the Department of Health in Dublin and the Health & Social Care Research & Development Office, Public Health Agency, Northern Ireland and hosting by the Institute of Public Health in Ireland.
- Age Action Ireland's Ageing Matters Newsletter: May 2012
- Perspectives in Public Health: Healthy Ageing
- The Impact of Structural Ageing on Crime Trends: a South Australian Case Study
- Is there a future for care homes? Age UK
- Designing Everyday Technologies for Alzheimer's Care: Survey
- AGE Monthly Newsletter: CoverAGE 2012 - Issue 128
- Supporting Caregivers and Caregiving in an Aging Canada
- National Strategies to Address Dementia: Alzheimer Australia
- ASSESSING CURRENT AND FUTURE HOUSING AND SUPPORT OPTIONS FOR OLDER LGB PEOPLE
- Heterogeneity in time preference among older households."